“Our committed board of directors, advisory council and staff members are among the strongest advocates in the state. We value the dignity of ALL people and their freedom to control their own lives and work for justice upholding the fundamental rights of people with disabilities to live free from harm in the communities of their choice, with the opportunity to participate fully and equally in society.”
Disability Rights NC can help you gain access to services and opportunity through its advocacy and legal expertise. Their goal is to regularly challenge systems and society to create positive change and work on disability issues with state and local governments.
Here’s how they can help:
- Represent individuals based on Disability Rights North Carolina’s priorities and case selection criteria
- Tell people with disabilities about their many legal, civil, and service rights
- Investigate complaints about serious physical or sexual abuse and neglect-related deaths in institutions
- Provide technical assistance, training, publications, and advocacy support for North Carolinians with disabilities, their families, and representative
- Outreach to traditionally underserved ethnic and disability communities
- Bring impact litigation and act as amicus curiae in disability-related cases.
To see a list of examples of problems they can help with and to see if you are eligible for services check out their website.
We want to help our North Carolina citizens gain access to the disability resources they need. Advocacy groups like this are a great way to make your voice heard.